What is Sole?
SOLE is an accounting online platform for sole traders. Our headquarters are in Queensland, Australia.
This notice applies to our sites, products, and services (collectively, “Services”) owned and ran by SOLE including SOLE’s mobile and online finaancial and accounting services products, and any other apps or services offered by SOLE.
We may collect recognisable information about you, such as your name, telephone number, address, email, bank account details, device type, IP address, payment information, support queries and community comments. (“Personal data”).
What we don’t do with your data
We do not sell or share your personal data with third parties for their own commercial uses without your consent.
What we do with your data
We take protection of your personal data seriously and are open, honest and transparent about using your data. We use your personal data to deliver and improve our services to you by enabling connections to empower productivity and growth. We secure all the personal data entrusted to us and we accept the responsibility that comes with processing personal data.
How we collect your data
When you visit our website or use our services, we collect personal data, for example when you register or open an account, sign in, use a Service, click on links, call or email us for support, or give us feedback. This information helps us get a better understanding of how you are using our websites and services so that we can provide the best experience possible. Data about your IP address may be used to monitor the regions from which users navigate to our Services. We may also, when location-based Services are enabled, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data.
We may collect information from other sources, such as publicly available materials or from trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners to complement the personal data we already hold about you, to personalise and improve our services, and to keep our records current.
If we do not collect your personal data, we may be incapable of providing you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites or applications may not be accessible to you.
Our Services may change over time and we may commence new features that may collect new or different types of information.
How we use your data
We use your personal data to manage our website, provide you with the services you’ve requested and with support related to our Services.
We also use your personal data for other purposes:
- We may use your name, address, phone number, and email address to register your account for specific Services we provide and to communicate essential information to you.
- We may use your information to develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of SOLE’s Services in order to optimise and customise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
- We may use your data to support you, including the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the website or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
- We may use any information you provide in surveys you answer for us and combine them with responses from other clients in order to improve our Services.
- We may use your information to correspond with you about our Services and to give you offers for third party products and services that we think may be of use to you.
- We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our website and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce anonymous analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
How we can share your data
There will be occasions when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only release your personal data:
- to third party service providers and partners who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, or performing analytics, or to market or promote our goods and services to you.
- to courts, law enforcement agencies or government bodies where we deem it necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- when we deem it appropriate to implement our products’ Terms of Service and other agreements; or safeguard the rights, property, or safety of SOLE, our Services, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, organisations, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- if we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information.
Syncing, linking and connecting your bank account or other third-party services with your SOLE Service
You may choose to sync certain SOLE Services with your financial account information. To do this, we must access your online account with your financial institution. We will request your user name, password, and any other login bank data that you have set up with your financial institution to enable access. We use this information to update and maintain the account information you download, to assist with the download process, and to improve the Services we may provide in the future.
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have an association with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
You have certain rights relating to your personal data. You can ask us not to send you marketing communications at any time. You have the right to know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date. You may request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it. You may also object to our continued processing of your personal data.
How to contact us
We prefer to communicate with you by email. Contact us at email@example.com
Changes to our Privacy Statements
From time to time we may change or update our Privacy Statements. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time.