Sole is an online accounting platform for sole traders. Our headquarters are in Queensland, Australia.
This notice applies to our sites, products, and services (collectively, “Services”) owned and ran by Sole including Sole’s mobile and online financial and accounting services products, and any other apps or services offered by Sole.
We may collect recognisable information about you, such as your name, telephone number, address, email, bank account details, device type, IP address, payment information, support queries and community comments. (“Personal data”).
We do not sell or share your personal data with third parties for their own commercial uses without your consent.
We take protection of your personal data seriously and are open, honest and transparent about using your data. We use your personal data to deliver and improve our services to you by enabling connections to empower productivity and growth. We secure all the personal data entrusted to us and we accept the responsibility that comes with processing personal data.
When you visit our website or use our services, we collect personal data, for example when you register or open an account, sign in, use a Service, click on links, call or email us for support, or give us feedback. This information helps us get a better understanding of how you are using our websites and services so that we can provide the best experience possible. Data about your IP address may be used to monitor the regions from which users navigate to our Services. We may also, when location-based Services are enabled, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data.
We may collect information from other sources, such as publicly available materials or from trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners to complement the personal data we already hold about you, to personalise and improve our services, and to keep our records current.
If we do not collect your personal data, we may be incapable of providing you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites or applications may not be accessible to you.
Our Services may change over time and we may commence new features that may collect new or different types of information.
We use your personal data to manage our website, provide you with the services you’ve requested and with support related to our Services.
We also use your personal data for other purposes:
- We may use your name, address, phone number, and email address to register your account for specific Services we provide and to communicate essential information to you.
- We may use your information to develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of Sole’s Services in order to optimise and customise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
- We may use your data to support you, including the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the website or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
- We may use any information you provide in surveys you answer for us and combine them with responses from other clients in order to improve our Services.
- We may use your information to correspond with you about our Services and to give you offers for third party products and services that we think may be of use to you.
- We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our website and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce anonymous analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
There will be occasions when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only release your personal data:
- to third party service providers and partners who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, or performing analytics, or to market or promote our goods and services to you.
- to courts, law enforcement agencies or government bodies where we deem it necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- when we deem it appropriate to implement our products’ Terms of Service and other agreements; or safeguard the rights, property, or safety of Sole, our Services, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, organisations, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- if we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information.
You may choose to link your Sole account with financial institutions or other associated third-parties for the purposes of accessing additional Sole services, including bank account integration, invoice payment facilitation, etc.
To do this, we must:
- access your online account with your financial institution; or
- share your information with third-parties.
As at the point of connecting additional services, we will request your user name, password, or any other applicable information to facilitate integration. We use this information to update and maintain the account information you download, share with specified third-parties to facilitate services, and to improve the Services we may provide in the future.
We take security seriously and you should too! To help protect our services and your data, we offer added security features such as two-step authentication.
- Security safeguards: We’ve invested in technical, physical and administrative safeguards to do our part to help keep your data safe and secure. While we’ve taken steps to help protect your data, no method of electronic storage is completely secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security. We will notify you if there appears to be unauthorised access to your account and we may also restrict access to certain parts of our services until you verify that access was by an authorised user.
- Account security features: We may introduce security features to make your account more secure. Where we make use of security features optional, you’re responsible (meaning we’re not liable) for any consequences of not using those features. We strongly encourage you to use all optional security features.
- Playing your part to secure your data: You have an important part to play by keeping your login details secure, not letting any other person use them, and by making sure you have strong security on your own systems. If you realise there’s been any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security to your account or email address linked to your account, you need to let us know immediately. You also agree not to use free-form fields in any of Sole’s systems or services to store personal data, (unless it’s a field explicitly asking for personal data – like a first name or last name) credit card details, tax identifiers or bank account details.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have an association with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
You have certain rights relating to your personal data. You can ask us not to send you marketing communications at any time. You have the right to know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date. You may request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it. You may also object to our continued processing of your personal data.
From time to time we may change or update our Privacy Statements. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time.